Contracts Manager, Chemical Manufacturing Company, Grangemouth
Location: Scotland / Central Belt / Stirling Ref: FW5432 | Email to a Friend
Chemical Manufacturing Company, Grangemouth
Dynamic company seeks a talented Contracts Manager to join its management team. Candidate must have the ability to operate independently in a dynamic environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Purchasing. This is a full-time position based in Grangemouth.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Prepares, reviews, re-drafts and negotiates various commercial contracts or other legal agreements including contracts with customers, suppliers, sales representatives and distributors, and is an internal approver of contracts. The principal focus is the review of customer contracts.
- Provides internal business clients with advisory support on contractual issues and deals with a variety of contractual matters.
- Provides advice concerning company policies and procedures relating to tender and contract approvals and provides contractual support to the business to ensure compliance.
- Engages in operational and technical risk reviews and assesses the impact under contract terms with customers.
- Interacts very closely with all levels of sales and proposals personnel, providing contractual support and governance.
- Exercises internal governance over contracting practices, and advises leadership on concerns relating to contractual risk.
- Engages in direct contract negotiations with customers and/or suppliers, either in person or by conference call, correspondence etc.
- May be required to provide proactive contractual services, including education and training with respect to matters coming within the area of responsibility.
- May be required to provide drafting and negotiation support to the business on matters of payment security, including bonds, guarantees and letters of credit.
- Management of the day to day commercial customer interaction, including regular customer update meetings and annual commercial contract reconciliations.
- Monitor and be held accountable for financial performance against budget targets.
- Minimum three (3) years suitable experience (in chemical manufacturing or a similar industry would be advantageous but not essential).
- Essential: Strong background as a practitioner of contract terms and conditions in a commercial environment.
- Essential: Experience of negotiating contract terms directly with customers in a commercially competitive environment.
- Strong background in corporate and commercial transactions with experience in corporate compliance matters.
- Creative problem solver with business attitude.
- Effective communicator.
- Motivated team player, down to earth, flexible and service oriented.
- Willing to be both supportive to business needs, but also firm in exercising internal governance, particularly with members of senior business management.
- Ideally you will be a UK qualified lawyer with a depth of experience in commercial contracts.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities; generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Continuous Learning: Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
This Assignment is being handled exclusively by Frasia Wright Associates and we request that this information is kept confidential.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Cameron Adrain - email@example.com or Frasia Wright - firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01294 850501.