In-house Commercial Property Lawyer, unique role in North West England
Location: England / Manchester Ref: FW5171 | Email to a Friend
An exciting new In-house role. Our client has identified a strategic need for an In-house Commercial Property Lawyer to be based in its North West England office. To be considered for this role you will be required to be qualified in Scotland with a minimum of three years’ PQ experience, although if you hold the relevant commercial property experience our client it flexible.
The company has over 25 years’ experience throughout the UK and has applied their innovative approach to planning and development, delivering prolific success in a wide range of market sectors.
The successful team deal exclusively with property related transactions, essentially comprising;
- Looking after the portfolio of property that the company holds, largely as a legacy of its previous incarnation as a speculative land developer, dealing with property management aspects, leases, disposals etc
- Acquiring sites for their “Adlington” product being apartments with care for the elderly, dealing with the development aspects of the sites, plot sales and then sale of the reversion
- Strategic Land which involves entering into promotion agreements with land owners for the promotion of the land through the planning process for residential development and then taking a fee, based on a percentage of the value when the land is sold to a developer with the benefit of planning permission
- Planning Agreements (dealt with by their planning lawyers) required to secure the planning permission on our strategic land sites
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing property business and will provide an opportunity for an individual to take on and develop a breadth of responsibilities within an entrepreneurial business.
The successful candidate will be experienced and confident in dealing with Scottish property transactions and their responsibilities will include:-
- Carrying out full due diligence.
- Negotiating the terms of the promotion agreement with the land owner’s solicitors.
- Assisting the planning lawyers on any specifically Scottish aspects of any necessary Planning Agreement for the purposes of securing planning permission.
- Liaising with the land owner’s solicitors and the developer’s solicitors on any eventual sale of the property with the benefit of planning permission to ensure that the company’s position and entitlement to its share in the sales proceeds is protected.
- Addressing the requirements for any appropriate security if the payment for the land is by instalments or some other form of deferred payment.
This role offers a competitive salary and a benefits package. For an initial and confidential discussion, please contact Frasia or Cameron on 01294 850501. (Assignment 9383)