In-house Corporate Lawyer, Global Company, Edinburgh
Location: Scotland / Edinburgh Ref: FW5508 | Email to a Friend
Our client, a leading international organisation, has created a new role for a Commercial lawyer to join its highly regarded in-house team. With at least 3 years’ M & A or Banking experience, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of interesting cross-border projects in both the domestic and international markets.
- To advise and co-ordinate the provision of external and other internal legal and commercial advice on transactions including structuring, negotiating and finalising documentation, and managing due diligence processes.
- To assist various business areas and group functions in project-managing transactions.
- To understand the needs of business divisions and to support the delivery of their support plans.
You should have:
- Experience in providing legal, tactical and commercial advice in relation to major corporate transactions, restructurings and/or capital raisings in-house (particularly in a major financial institution) or in a commercial law firm.
- Experience in working with lawyers and other professional advisers / consultants particularly in M&A, Banking or Corporate Finance.
- Cross-border transaction experience and/or a working knowledge of the public M&A regime would be helpful.
This represents an ideal first move in-house or indeed an in-house lawyer looking for a new challenge. (Assignment 9811)